Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kindles in Schools

(Image from article in News Tribute/ Kemp Smith)

How much different could schools be with the use of Kindles? Would the benefits outweigh the negatives? From the moment the iPad and Kindle came out one of the first thoughts through my mind was, "I'm sure these are going to be in schools by the time my daughter goes to school! There are no limits with the doors this could open for students and teachers.", so it was not suprising when I found this article, Kindles go to school in a big way this month. In the article Andrys Basten discusses the benefits and negatives with using Kindles. The major advantage this is bringing to the schools, according to what Basten found out from librarians is the excitement and motivation it has put in students to wanting to read again. I could not agree more, I think by having these in schools it can get students excited to read more, possibly save money in the long run, and expand the possibilities of their learning. What do you think? would another device be better, the Nook? iPad? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment